Daniel Duncan, Andrew Foster, and Kate Jaquet discuss Seafarer’s approach to managing risk and volatility in the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund. They address three frameworks that Seafarer employs to understand and measure risk in the portfolio: individual security (issuer) risk analysis, a micro currency risk model, and a macro currency risk model.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Andrew Foster, Chief Investment Officer
- Kate Jaquet, Associate Portfolio Manager
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- Daniel Duncan and Kate Jaquet are Registered Representatives of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
- For an explanation of terms, please refer to the Glossary.