Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund Portfolio Briefing
Fourth Quarter 2017
– Daniel Duncan and Andrew Foster discuss the robust growth in emerging markets in the quarter and the year, and how it has been concentrated in a narrow set of sectors and countries. Andrew explains that concern about the sustainability of valuations has led him to position the Growth and Income Fund more defensively. On the topic of China, Andrew asserts that the country's influence and importance in the world have never been greater, even as he is concerned about its long-term evolution.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Andrew Foster, Lead Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio Review – Fourth Quarter 2017
- Fund Performance
- Letter to Shareholders – October 31, 2017
- Portfolio Briefing Archives
- The performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Future returns may be lower or higher. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. View the Funds’ most recent month-end performance.
- The MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index, Standard (Large+Mid Cap) Core, Gross (dividends reinvested), USD is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index designed to measure equity market performance of emerging markets. Index code: GDUEEGF. It is not possible to invest directly in an index.
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of September 30, 2017, Infosys, Ltd. ADR comprised 5.0% of the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund, Infosys, Ltd. comprised 0.5% of the Fund, and Sanlam, Ltd. comprised 4.2% of the Fund. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
- For an explanation of terms, please refer to the Glossary.