We are seeking an individual to work as a financial analyst, focused mainly on equities, within a boutique emerging markets investment management firm.
The position is designed as a full-time role (exempt status).
The firm’s offices are located in Larkspur, California. We expect that the Senior Analyst will work for the firm primarily onsite. International travel may be necessary, 4 to 8 weeks per year.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for fundamental research and investment analysis on behalf of investment portfolios that are focused on foreign (mainly emerging) markets.
Specifically, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for conducting both qualitative and quantitative analyses, focusing on industrial analysis, business models, products and services, management quality, competitive advantages, and valuation for emerging market companies. Senior analysts are expected to concurrently manage several complex investment research projects.
- Perform fundamental research and investment analysis, and propose recommendations for prospective investments and/or existing investments.
- Assist in collecting and organizing information on companies and industries.
- Build financial and valuation screens/models, reflecting companies’ historical and forecast performance.
- Conduct meetings both onsite and offsite including with company management teams.
- Monitor performance of underlying companies in portfolios.
- Contribute to ad hoc research efforts; portfolio analyses and reviews; market commentaries.
This position requires:
- An absolute minimum of 6 prior years of work experience in the investment management industry as a securities analyst. Please do not apply unless you can demonstrate such experience; you will not be considered.
- Advanced accounting skills.
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of corporate finance, as practiced in the emerging markets.
- Extensive familiarity with emerging markets.
- Entrepreneurial bent; willingness to take initiative, and to work within a small company and a dynamic environment.
- Highest level of integrity and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem-solving mentality and intellectual curiosity.
- Four-year bachelor degree.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
The following are highly preferable, but not necessarily required for the position:
- Foreign language skills.
- Graduate degree (e.g., Master in Finance, Master in Business Administration).
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or substantial progress towards designation.
- Knowledge of investment and research technologies, e.g. Bloomberg, HBOX / AIM, Factset.
- Unique insight to the emerging markets (e.g. area of graduate study or thesis, intensive travel, charitable work, etc.).
- Veterans / service background highly preferred.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant documentation for consideration to:
- In the email subject line, include your name and the position title (Senior Analyst).
- Please do not call, and do not utilize any other email address.