– In the third quarter portfolio briefing, Andrew Foster discusses the purpose behind the recently-launched Seafarer Overseas Value Fund. Paul Espinosa describes the Value Fund’s implementation since launch, relating it to the seven sources of value in emerging markets that he defined in a recent white paper. Andrew concludes by addressing performance during the quarter, and how the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund is faring amid potential changes in the market environment.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Lead Portfolio Manager
- Andrew Foster, Chief Investment Officer and Lead Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio Review, Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund – Third Quarter 2016
- Portfolio Review, Seafarer Overseas Value Fund – Third Quarter 2016
- Fund Performance
- Portfolio Briefing Archives
- The performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Future returns may be lower or higher. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. View the Funds’ most recent month-end performance.
- The MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index, Standard (Large+Mid Cap) Core, Gross (dividends reinvested), USD is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index designed to measure equity market performance of emerging markets. Index code: GDUEEGF. It is not possible to invest directly in this or any index.
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- The reference to “Graham and Dodd” in the video pertains to the progenitors of the value discipline, Benjamin Graham and David Dodd. The preeminent text that defines Graham and Dodd's investment process is Security Analysis. This text explains an approach in which investors buy stocks with undervalued assets and eventually those assets appreciate to their true value in the marketplace. Graham and Dodd, Security Analysis: Sixth Edition, 2008.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
- For an explanation of terms, please refer to the Glossary.