Seafarer Overseas Value Fund Portfolio Briefing
Second Quarter 2018
– Daniel Duncan and Paul Espinosa discuss the primary drivers of return in the Value Fund during the quarter. Paul describes key insights gained from recent meetings with company management. He also explains how risk is managed in the portfolio.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Lead Portfolio Manager
- The performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Future returns may be lower or higher. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. View the Funds’ most recent month-end performance.
- The MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index, Standard (Large+Mid Cap) Core, Gross (dividends reinvested), USD is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index designed to measure equity market performance of emerging markets. Index code: GDUEEGF. It is not possible to invest directly in an index.
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of March 31, 2018, Xtep International Holdings, Ltd. comprised 4.3% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. comprised 3.4% of the Fund, China Foods, Ltd. comprised 3.1% of the Fund, Del Monte Pacific, Ltd. comprised 1.7% of the Fund, Global Ports Investments PLC, GDR comprised 2.4% of the Fund, WH Group Ltd. comprised 3.2% of the Fund, Credito Real SAB de CV SOFOM ER comprised 1.9% of the Fund, First Pacific Co., Ltd. comprised 3.7% of the Fund, and Qualicorp SA comprised 0.8% of the Fund. The Fund had no economic interest in Apple Inc. or Smithfield Foods, Inc. (note: Smithfield Foods is a wholly owned subsidiary of WH Group Ltd.). View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
- For an explanation of terms, please refer to the Glossary.