Rio de Janeiro
- The views and information discussed in this commentary are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect the writer's current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of 8/31/2012, Odontoprev SA comprised 3.6% of the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund. Holdings are subject to change.
- Kate Jaquet is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
- Source: Bloomberg. The Brazilian real was valued at 1.5633 per US $1 on 6/30/11, versus 2.0121 on 9/14/12.
- Source: Bloomberg. The BOVESPA index has fallen 0.5% between 6/30/11 and 9/14/12, as measured in Brazilian real.
- Sources: The Economist, “Facing headwinds, Dilma changes course,” 18 August 2012; and Joao Fellet, BBC, “Brazil changes tack with new stimulus plan,” 14 August 2012.