– Asia Society Northern California hosted a virtual conference titled The Future of U.S. & China: Seeking Truth Through Facts. Nicholas Borst, Seafarer’s Director of China Research, participated in a panel discussion titled Rebalancing the U.S.-China Economic Relationship: Trade, Investment, and Technology.
Nicholas explains how the increase in holdings of Chinese securities by U.S. investors has emerged as a major source of conflict in the U.S.-China economic relationship. He discusses how a cycle of positive reciprocity is a more durable path forward for the relationship.
A full conference recap, with videos of the panel sessions, is available on the Asia Society website.
- Prevailing Winds: How Exposed Are U.S. Investors to China?
- White Paper: The China investment Dilemma
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of December 31, 2020, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. comprised 5.8% of the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund, Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. comprised 4.2% of the Fund, and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd. comprised 1.9% of the Fund. View the Fund's Top 10 Holdings. As of December 31, 2020, Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. comprised 3.9% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund. View the Fund's Top 10 Holdings. The Funds did not own shares in the other companies referenced in the video. Holdings are subject to change.