– Daniel Duncan and Paul Espinosa discuss two Fund holdings that realized value in the second quarter: a packaging company in China and a cooling services company in the United Arab Emirates. Paul illustrates how geopolitical risk affects company analysis with a Fund holding in Qatar. Lastly, he describes a new Fund holding in China.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Lead Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio Review – Second Quarter 2017
- White Paper: On Value in the Emerging Markets
- Fund Performance
- Portfolio Briefing Archives
- The performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Future returns may be lower or higher. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. View the Funds’ most recent month-end performance.
- The MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index, Standard (Large+Mid Cap) Core, Gross (dividends reinvested), USD is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index designed to measure equity market performance of emerging markets. Index code: GDUEEGF. It is not possible to invest directly in this or any index.
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of June 30, 2017, Greatview Aseptic Packaging Co., Ltd. comprised 1.8% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, Tabreed (National Central Cooling Co. PJSC) comprised 2.8% of the Fund, Nakilat (Qatar Gas Transport Co., Ltd.) comprised 2.3% of the Fund, and China Foods Limited comprised 3.5% of the Fund. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
- For an explanation of terms, please refer to the Glossary.