– Andrew Foster explains that, amid a slowdown in corporate earnings growth rates in the emerging markets, the Growth and Income Fund’s holdings exhibited resilient corporate performance and earnings growth. Andrew highlights two Fund holdings – Hyundai Mobis and Venture Manufacturing – that have diversified their businesses to sustain growth.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Andrew Foster, Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager
- The MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index, Standard (Large+Mid Cap) Core, Gross (dividends reinvested), USD is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index designed to measure equity market performance of emerging markets. Index code: GDUEEGF. It is not possible to invest directly in an index.
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of June 30, 2019, Hyundai Mobis Co., Ltd. comprised 4.2% of the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund, Woongjin Coway Co., Ltd. comprised 2.0% of the Fund, and Venture Corp., Ltd. comprised 4.0% of the Fund. The Fund did not own shares in Hyundai Motor Company or Kia Motors Corporation. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.