– Paul Espinosa attributes the Value Fund’s performance to holdings that were directly impacted by the pandemic but proved resilient, and rose when the market re-assessed their risks. Holdings that increased due to stock-specific reasons, such as Pacific Basin and Moneta Money Bank, also contributed to performance.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio Review – First Quarter 2021
- Fund Performance
- White Paper: On Value in the Emerging Markets
- Portfolio Briefing Archives
- The performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. Future returns may be lower or higher. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost.
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of December 31, 2020, Shangri-La Asia, Ltd. comprised 4.1% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, Wilmar International, Ltd. comprised 4.8% of the Fund, Giordano International, Ltd. comprised 2.5% of the Fund, HRnetgroup, Ltd. comprised 3.3% of the Fund, Pacific Basin Shipping, Ltd. comprised 2.8% of the Fund, and Moneta Money Bank AS comprised 4.4% of the Fund. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.