– Paul Espinosa explains that contributors to the Value Fund’s performance (such as Giordano) were driven by stock-specific factors, while detractors (such as Pacific Basin) fell due to global recession concerns. He also describes the type of performance the Fund seeks to provide over a full market cycle.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Portfolio Manager
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of June 30, 2022, Giordano International, Ltd. comprised 2.8% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, WH Group, Ltd. comprised 3.2% of the Fund, Tabreed (National Central Cooling Co. PJSC) comprised 4.3% of the Fund, Pacific Basin Shipping, Ltd. comprised 2.7% of the Fund, Petrovietnam Fertilizer & Chemicals JSC comprised 2.0% of the Fund, Emaar Properties PJSC comprised 3.0% of the Fund, Itaú Unibanco Holding SA comprised 2.8% of the Fund, Ambev SA comprised 2.5% of the Fund, Credicorp, Ltd. comprised 2.8% of the Fund, Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV comprised 3.0% of the Fund, and XP, Inc. comprised 2.5% of the Fund. The Fund did not own shares in the other securities referenced in this video. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Sources: ALPS Fund Services, Inc.; Bloomberg; Seafarer; Giordano International, Ltd.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.