– Amid a global sell-off in stocks, Paul Espinosa attributes the Value Fund’s outperformance versus the benchmark to the resilience of its holdings. Brent Clayton introduces a new Fund holding, Siam Cement, an industrial conglomerate that operates throughout Southeast Asia.
- Brent Clayton, Senior Analyst
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio Review – Third Quarter 2022
- White Paper: On Value in the Emerging Markets
- Fund Performance
- Portfolio Briefing Archives
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of September 30, 2022, Genting Singapore, Ltd. comprised 3.0% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, Innocean Worldwide, Inc. comprised 3.1% of the Fund, Melco International Development, Ltd. comprised 3.6% of the Fund, Shangri-La Asia, Ltd. comprised 2.8% of the Fund, HRnetgroup, Ltd. comprised 2.9% of the Fund, Ambev SA comprised 3.1% of the Fund, Itaú Unibanco Holding SA comprised 3.2% of the Fund, Emaar Properties PJSC comprised 2.9% of the Fund, Qatar Gas Transport Co., Ltd. comprised 4.2% of the Fund, Samsung C&T Corp. comprised 2.7% of the Fund, Samsung C&T Corp., Pref. comprised 0.2% of the Fund, Siam Cement PCL comprised 1.7% of the Fund, Credicorp, Ltd. comprised 3.0% of the Fund, and Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV comprised 2.9% of the Fund. The Fund did not own shares in the other securities referenced in this video. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Sources: ALPS Fund Services, Inc.; Bloomberg; Seafarer.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.