– Andrew Foster reports that the Growth and Income Fund’s performance was driven by recoveries in Asian, Eastern European, and semiconductor holdings. Lydia So introduces three new growth positions in Mexico and India, and Paul Espinosa discusses the Fund’s value holdings.
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Portfolio Manager
- Andrew Foster, Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager
- Lydia So, Portfolio Manager
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of December 31, 2022, Venture Corp., Ltd. comprised 4.2% of the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Pfd. comprised 4.0% of the Fund, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. comprised 1.2% of the Fund, Rohm Co., Ltd. comprised 3.5% of the Fund, Richter Gedeon Nyrt comprised 4.1% of the Fund, CD Projekt SA comprised 2.4% of the Fund, Wal-Mart de Mexico SAB de CV comprised 1.7% of the Fund, L&T Technology Services, Ltd. comprised 1.3% of the Fund, Computer Age Management Services, Ltd. comprised 1.2% of the Fund, DFI Retail Group Holdings, Ltd. comprised 1.6% of the Fund, Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV ADR comprised 2.2% of the Fund, Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. comprised 2.3% of the Fund, Siam Cement PCL comprised 1.1% of the Fund, and Moneta Money Bank AS comprised 1.5% of the Fund. The Fund did not own shares in the other securities referenced in this video. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Sources: ALPS Fund Services, Inc.; Bloomberg; Seafarer; J.P. Morgan, “Emerging Markets Equity Strategy Steering Board,” December 22, 2022; J.P. Morgan, “EM Lighthouse: 3Q22 Earnings Season Tracker,” November 30, 2022.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.