– Paul Espinosa explains that the Value Fund’s performance was led by Odontoprev in Brazil, Moneta Money Bank in the Czech Republic, and holdings such as Giordano that benefited from China’s re-opening. Brent Clayton discusses the resilience of the Fund’s bank holdings and introduces a new position, UPL, in India.
- Brent Clayton, Co-Portfolio Manager
- Paul Espinosa, Portfolio Manager
- Natalia Urbanek, National Accounts Manager
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of March 31, 2023, Giordano International, Ltd. comprised 2.0% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, Pico Far East Holdings, Ltd. comprised 1.3% of the Fund, Melco International Development comprised 3.5% of the Fund, Shangri-La Asia, Ltd. comprised 3.3% of the Fund, Odontoprev SA comprised 2.1% of the Fund, Moneta Money Bank AS comprised 2.8% of the Fund, XP, Inc. comprised 2.8% of the Fund, Itaú Unibanco SA comprised 2.7% of the Fund, Credicorp, Ltd. comprised 2.3% of the Fund, Bank of Georgia Group PLC comprised 1.0% of the Fund, and UPL, Ltd. comprised 2.9% of the Fund. The Fund did not own shares in the other securities referenced in this video. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Sources: ALPS Fund Services, Inc.; Bloomberg; Seafarer.
- Natalia Urbanek is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.