– Brent Clayton introduces a new Value Fund holding, Fertiglobe, a Middle Eastern fertilizer manufacturer. He illustrates how the Fund manages volatility using the example of Fund holding XP, Inc. Paul Espinosa discusses the Fund’s exposure to China and how he evaluates the associated geopolitical risk.
- Brent Clayton, Co-Portfolio Manager
- Daniel Duncan, Managing Director, Business Development and Client Services
- Paul Espinosa, Portfolio Manager
- The views and information discussed in this video are as of the date of publication, are subject to change, and may not reflect Seafarer’s current views. The views expressed represent an assessment of market conditions at a specific point in time, are opinions only and should not be relied upon as investment advice regarding a particular investment or markets in general. Such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell specific securities or investment vehicles. It should not be assumed that any investment will be profitable or will equal the performance of the portfolios or any securities or any sectors mentioned herein. The subject matter contained herein has been derived from several sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of compilation. Seafarer does not accept any liability for losses either direct or consequential caused by the use of this information.
- As of June 30, 2023, XP, Inc. comprised 5.1% of the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund, PetroVietnam Technical Services, Corp. comprised 3.0% of the Fund, Qatar Gas Transport Co., Ltd. comprised 3.5% of the Fund, Fertiglobe PLC comprised 1.6% of the Fund, Petronet LNG, Ltd. comprised 2.7% of the Fund, China Foods, Ltd. comprised 2.5% of the Fund, and Shangri-La Asia, Ltd. comprised 2.5% of the Fund. The Fund did not own shares in the other securities referenced in this video. View the Fund’s Top 10 Holdings. Holdings are subject to change.
- Sources: ALPS Fund Services, Inc.; Bloomberg; Seafarer.
- Daniel Duncan is a Registered Representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.